Located on U.S. Highway 27, five miles northwest of Bainbridge, Georgia
Industrial Park Manager, Andy Oliver (229) 248-3004
For information on lease or purchase of Industrial sites, call Bainbridge-Decatur County Development Authority at (229) 246-4774
Decatur County Industrial Park began its life as an Army Airfield in 1942 and was turned over to the county in the 1960s. Currently, about 1,300 acres of the Industrial Park’s more than 2,000 acres have been developed, including a commercial airport with two runways and a new terminal, and there are about 450 or so acres left for development. The park is self-contained, having its own water and waste water treatment plant, natural gas storage facility and the main station for the County’s Fire Department. There is also an 18-hole public golf course on the site known as The Pines Golf Course, managed by Roland Hebert, (229) 246-8545. The State of Georgia Department of Corrections owns 100 acres at the site formerly occupied by Bainbridge State Hospital on which it operates a Training Center for persons convicted of substance abuse-related crimes.
Existing industries at the site include the following: Coca-Cola, John B. San Fillippo and Sons, TexPar Energy Inc., DaniMer Scientific LLC, Shaw Industries Group Inc., Harrell Aviation, SIPS Team Inc., Ag-Flight Inc., Clover Leaf Warehouse, Georgia Palm Beach Aluminum Window Company, Three Rivers Credit Union and Koch Foods.
For more information on Industrial Park listings at this site or at Commodore Decatur Industrial Park, located in Bainbridge, go to http://www.bainbridgegachamber.com/development_authority.php
COMMODORE DECATUR INDUSTRIAL PARK
Located inside of the Bainbridge city limits at the intersection of U.S. Highway 27 and U.S. Highway 84. is Commodore Decatur Industrial Park, jointly owned by the City of Bainbridge and Decatur County. It features a new road and rail spur leading into the site from Spring Creek Road.
- Total acreage of park is 700 acres, plus or minus
- Commodore Decatur Industrial Park is a planned industrial district, partially on the site of the former Commodore Decatur Airport, adjacent to Bainbridge State Docks. 589 acres remain to be developed.
- Topography is level with elevations ranging from 90-104 MSL. Surface runoff generally flows south into the Flint River.
- Utilities like electricity, water, sewer and natural gas are all in place.
- Rail available adjacent to the site along GA Highway 253, Spring Creek Road.