Welcome. The mission of the Probate Court is to carry out the duties assigned to it under the Constitution and laws of Georgia as a Court of Record with exclusive jurisdiction over the following:
- $38.00 with notarized counseling sheet (certification of completion of qualifying premarital education forms can be picked up at our office prior to obtaining marriage license. These forms must be notarized.)
- $78.00 without counseling
Applicants are asked to call or come by our office prior to applying for a marriage license to confirm the parties have the necessary documents to obtain a marriage license.
- Certified copies of marriage licenses are $20.00 if picked up in person or $21.00 if request is mailed into our office. If request is mailed, you must list both parties full names, date of marriage, address to mail certified copy along with a phone number and/or email.
Temporary Guardianship of Minor
Minor & Adult Guardianships/Conservatorships
Weapons Carry License
- New Application Fee $78.25
- Renewal Application Fee $35.00 (Applicant must bring driver’s license and old weapons carry license to qualify for renewal.
All weapons carry license must in the form of cashier’s check or money order made payable to Probate Court or debit/credit card. We do not accept personal checks or cash to process any weapons carry licenses. Weapons Carry Licenses are processed between the hours of 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. We recommend that you call our office prior to arriving to confirm we are processing Weapons Carry License that day.
Our office accepts debit/credit cards for any services. Please call our office prior to filing petitions for filing fee costs. The Probate Court staff is not allowed to give legal assistance or provide clerical assistance.
Decatur County Probate Court
Mailing address: P.O. Box 234, Bainbridge GA 39818
Physical address: 112 West Water Street
Eric L. Gay, Judge
Yvonne Jenkins, Clerk
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.